Popular Posts

Saturday, November 6, 2010

My First Post

I started this blog to chronicle my training journey as I prepare for my first half marathon at the end of February 2010 just before I turn 50.....wow......I can't believe that number. I will be walking the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando, Florida with my two girls Sarah and Marina. This will be Marina's first Half Marathon as well. This will be a big challenge for me and I look forward to getting more fit each day.



I joined Team in Training with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) just a few weeks ago to raise money for this worthy organization that helps families going through blood cancers.

This is a personal journey for all of us since my dear husband, Paul was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma last fall.



After tandem stem cell transplants at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital in Salt Lake City , Utah he is in complete remission and we are very grateful. He has 7 more months of chemo to go so it not over yet, but things are getting better . There is no cure for Multiple Myeloma.



The LLS supports our family with grants to help pay for the chemo and drugs he must take and provide excellent patient and family support groups.



I have committed to training and fundraising $3000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.



Someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer every 5 minutes



Every 10 minutes someone will lose their battle with a blood cancer.



The good news is that the survival rates for blood cancers have more than doubled since 1970.



Please donate even $1.00 to help wipe out blood cancers. Saving lives one mile at a time.



www.tinyurl.com/2c8s9rv Sandra's site


www.tinyurl.com/2brjbc3 Marina's site


1 comment: